Saturday, October 11, 2014

Day #601 - I Just Had to Come Back

Okay, Okay. I know I said 600 days. But that was two years ago. It's time to start up again.

I can't promise I'll blog every day, but so much has been going on, I want a place in addition to my website to talk about it.

As in the past I'll deal with bees and other stuff. I've become much more interested in our native bumblebees (ever since developing the allergy to honeybee stings).

I know you've heard the word about how bumblebees are structurally unable to fly. The wings are too small for the bulk of the body. 

But we all know the bumblebees pay no attention to scientific theories. They just keep flying.

What does all this have to do with why I'm starting up my blog again?

Well, there was a time when I thought I'd never fly. My Biscuit McKee Mystery Series wings seemed too small to let me soar.

But then a New York agent found me online, offered me a chance to write a new series "with a Scottish flavor," and was I interested?

Ohmigosh, was I interested! 

This bumblebee took off flying, writing about Peggy, the owner of the ScotShop in Hamelin VT, and Dirk, the 14th-century Scottish ghost she just happened to acquire on a buying trip to Scotland.

A WEE MURDER IN MY SHOP will be released March 3, 2015, I've already submitted the manuscript for the second book, and am busy researching the third one.

In future blogs I'll clue you in on some of the behind-the-scenes goings-on in the world of a bee-loving writer.

Am I continuing the Biscuit McKee series? Oh yes. In fact, GRAY AS ASHES is being released this month. If you're in the Buford GA area on October 25th, stop by Books for Less mybfl.com  between 1 and 3 p.m.

GRAY AS ASHES deals with multiple cases of arson in Martinsville, Biscuit gets pretty ticked off when a firebug burns down her beloved garden shed. And then there's the dead body in the fourth place that burns.

1 comment:

AggiePete said...

Well, I was finally able to get my computer to 'let me in' the site! 21st century machinery!!! Good morning! Anyway, I just found out my former sister-in-law in South Africa and her husband have started a 'bee business' ... very new and promising endeavor. In fact she's trying to get some sort of government assistance to bring it to the U.S. In the meantime, going to get my next Biscuit book right now and get Katie one as well. Hugs!!!
Petie