Friday, May 4, 2012

Day #570 Super Moon

From sunset until 11:53 pm tomorrow, May 5th, you’ll have a chance to see a Super Moon. Put it on your calendar right now so you'll remember.
Here’s a picture of the Super Moon of March 2011 rising over Lincoln Center:
Super Moons occur when the moon is closest to the earth on the night of a full moon. This makes it appear a whole lot bigger and a whole lot brighter than usual. This happens seldom enough to make it a big event when it does.
If you get a good picture of the moon tomorrow night, send me a copy, and I’ll post it here on the blog.
BEEattitude for Day #570:
       Blessed are those who go out at night and look up. We bees don’t do that, but we’ve heard that people see wonders untold.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

2 comments:

AggiePete said...

Wow - almost scary looking! Will definitely be outside to see it. Hope it's clear enough!

Fran Stewart said...

I too, hope the sky is clear tomorrow evening. After too many days without water, it's finally raining here -- one of those long slow drizzles that the trees just love. So do I.

AND, at the same time, I'd like to be able to see the Super Moon tomorrow. Maybe it will rain until 7 p.m. Saturday and then quit for a few days...