Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day #38 Tea and honey and good friends

I have a dear friend who likes tea as much as I do. She moved away from Atlanta quite some time ago, and I'm glad to say she's happy in her new place, but I miss her. Particularly when I sit down to have a cup of tea.

Before Kathi left, she and I visited Teavana, and bought an Imperial Blooming Tea Set. I think that's what it was called. Close enough. Anyway, it had two very tall lidded jars, and two cannisters of "blooming" tea balls. Those are made up of flowers surrounded by white tea leaves, all of it hand-tied into a tidy little globular bunch. Kathi took one jar and one cannister, and I took the others.

How does it work? I thought you'd never ask. You take a jar, pop one of the bloom balls into it, add hot water (if the water's boiling, it will make the white tea bitter, so be careful!) and watch as the ball swells, opens, and unfurls the flower buds within. It's amazing, and lots more beautiful than those monster crystal things that grew in the bathtub when I was a kid. Plus, you can drink the result. Of course, add honey first, preferably from local bees..

Kathi, if you're reading this - and I know you are - go get your bloomin' apparatus and let's have a cup of tea together. next year, I'll send you some honey! It won't be local to where you are now, but it'll be heartfelt and friendly.

Here's a link if you want to get Kathi's meditation CD. It's called Forgiveness: Journey to a Peaceful Heart, and it's really relaxing. Plus, it helps with those cranky old forgiveness issues we all seem to have. Sure did help mine!

BEEattitude for Day # 38:
       Blessed are those who sweeten their lives with friendship, for they shall find support when they need it. 

Some women I’m grateful for right now, women whose friendship I can count on:
       Kathi and Shar and Diana and Darlene and Millie and Debby and Cindy and Veronica and Geri and Nanette and Lyn . . . My gosh, I'm blessed indeed.

No comments: