Friday, August 26, 2011

Day #318 Yuk Alert


Yuk notice: if you’re squeamish, you may want to pass on this picture.

I promised you I’d show you the bee sting results. Why, you may ask, would I continue bee keeping when this is what happens? Well, since the sting happened when I was in my front yard, I’m going to assume it was one of the wild bees.

My girls are sort of honey-colored, which is pretty appropriate for a bee, wouldn’t you say? Every so often, though, I see some almost completely black honey bees foraging around the flowers out front.

Since I never did see the bee that stung me -- I can think whatever I want to about her identity, right?

Okay, here's the ghastly picture coming up . . . close your browser if you don't want to see it!

Although the swelling’s gone down quite a bit, you can still see the big bulge on the right. No, that is not the way my leg is normally shaped…





BEEattitude for Day # 318:
       Blessed are those who check up on their friends, for they shall help to prevent the dread blog-loss disorder!!!!! 

THANK YOU, PETIE, FOR EMAILING ME. I'D FORGOTTEN TO PUSH THE RIGHT BUTTON

No comments: