Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day #147 Beautiful Meals

I had to share this photo with you. My son has been a vegetarian for almost 20 years. He evn managed to eat a vegetarian diet when he was in the Marine Corps. I had wondered if his decision to become a vegetarian in high school was just a fad, but he's carried through with it from a deep conviction that it is the right way to eat. In the last year or two he's been eating only raw foods. Naturally, he hangs out with a lot of other people of like mind.

When he first told me about raw foods, all I could think of was carrots and celery, and a few other choice goodies. But he's convinced me that eating raw whole organic food can be an adventure - a beautiful one.

Yelloideas Photography (c) 2011

On his FaceBook page a couple of days ago, he posted this picture, from a meal that he had shared with a group of his friends. I’m not sure who to credit with the beauty of the place setting and the gorgeous textures of the food—I’m sure it was as yummy as it looks. One of the Facebook comments said thank you to Melissa for opening her lovely home, so I would assume she created the meal. If not her, then SOMEBODY put a great deal of love and effort into this edible creation.

Thank you, Eli, for letting me use so many of your wonderful photos in my blog. They brighten it up considerably.

Now,about this photo:  if only there were a little pot of natural honey in there somewhere . . .


BEEattitude for Day # 147:
       Blessed are those who care about what they eat, for they shall thrive.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       My hp printer that is so dependable      

No comments: