Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day #158 The Case of the Disappearing Hosta

Remember back in the fall (Day #27, November 7, 2010) when my handyman, Mark Hensley of All Things New dug out the roots of the azaleas I didn’t want (since the flowers can result in toxic honey) and took them home to plant in his yard?

Well, it turned out that he accidentally dug up a hosta that had grown amidst the roots of the azaleas. You know hostas—come late in the autumn, those leaves die back and disappear.

Lo and behold, when Mark came by this quarter, he brought me a big pot with my hosta in it. The shoots surprised him when they started their springtime sprouting.

Mark could have so easily kept the plant, and I never would have known the difference. I would have assumed that it had been destroyed in the azalea-war.

Integrity. The Mark of a good person.

BEEattitude for Day # 158:
       Blessed are they who prepare a home for us bees, for we shall settle in happily and brighten their days with our buzzing.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       My dependable car 


No comments: