Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day #390 And the Question Was . . .

Two days ago I asked you What do you get when you cross a bee with a giraffe, forgetting that I had already asked that same question some months ago. Honestly, I’d meant to cross this particular bee with a rhinoceros or some other such critter, but it was late at night, and I was beyond sleepy, in that state where the lines of reality blur and morph into something altogether unreal.

You answered it anyway.

One reply came from Mary in Iowa, who informed me that she was born and raised on a Texas ranch. “Didn’t you ask that same question last February?” she wrote. And here’s her entry in the bee-joke contest:

Combine a bee with a giraffe, and that thar bee’s a tall drink of honey!

Thanks, Marlene. I appreciate your playing the bee-joke game and forgiving my brain-lapse.

 ----------

Billy (also from Texas) said the combination would result in:

neck-tar

And I would imagine there would be lots of that special brand of nectar!
 
----------

Diana from Colorado went on a scientific bent and wrote that mixing a bee and a giraffe would result in a creature classified as:

Apis reticulatum

Thank you, Diana. I’m sure your critter will make it into the scientific annals eventually. Maybe. ... Someday. ...



BEEattitude for Day # 390:
       Blessed are those who accept others for what they are, for they shall relax into the rhythm of the universe.

No comments: