Monday, November 28, 2011

Day #412 Messiah Sing-Along

Yesterday was a special day for me. Every year, on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, the Gwinnett Choral Guild hosts a Messiah Sing-along. If people have scores, they bring them along. If not, the Guild has a bunch to loan out.
We, meaning the Choral Guild, and the BJ Chorale (co-hosts of the event) pay for professional singers to do the solo work, as well as a small chamber group and a couple of dynamic trumpeters (for the Hallelujah Chorus).
The audience sort of divides up into sections – Sopranos, Altos, Tenors, and Basses. And we sing out hearts out.
It’s glorious! Now, as far as I’m concerned, the holidays are almost over. I’ve become something of a Grinch, as I’ve mentioned before. I still need to watch George C. Scott’s Christmas Carol, sing one more concert with the Choral Guild on December 3rd, and send in an extra donation to Heifer International in my grandchildren’s names; then that’s quite enough holiday for me, and I am content.
BEEattitude for Day # 412:
       Blessed are those who celebrate joyously, for their hearts shall sing, just the ways our bee hearts buzz.

______________________________ 
The teeny details:
BOOK SIGNINGS
     Dec.   3       1-3 p.m.         Books for Less, Buford GA
     Dec.   4       1-3 p.m.         Humpus Bumpus Bookstore, Cumming GA
     Dec. 10       2-4 p.m.         Peerless Bookstore, Alpharetta GA     

my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.
my eBooks for Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006AA0I4M

No comments: