Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day #397 New Windows & Well-Hived Bees

Friday I had the fine folks from Weather Tite Windows take out all my old windows and put in new ones.

I’m not sitting here shivering.

I was shivering plenty on Friday, though. You see, in order to put in new windows efficiently, one first has to take out all the old ones, prepare the openings, set in the new windows, and then do the caulking.

Brrr!

I was wearing my long johns, a turtleneck, and another sweater underneath my sweat pants and sweat shirt. I had one two knit caps, and a scarf around my neck. The good news is that because it was so cold, the bees were all keeping warm in their adopted hives, so we didn't have to worry about any of them flying through the window-sized holes in my walls.

I heated up a big bowl of chili for my lunch just so I could hold the hot bowl in my hands. Even through the mittens, the warmth was appreciated.

Was it worth it, though? You bet!

My bay window looked like this before they started:


 This was half-way through the process




And this is what I ended up with:







Ain't it gorgeous? None of those black squares carring the sight. What a shame to have to put my curtains back up.
  
And just a word about my newest book: The pre-orders are coming in regularly, according to word from my publisher. The very first pre-order came from someone in Scotland!  Here’s where to order your copy: http://www.journeyofadream.com/violet.php
 

BEEattitude for Day # 397:
       Blessed are those who do what they need to in order to stay warm through the winter, for they, like we bees, shall be toasty.

No comments: