Friday, October 29, 2010

Day # 18 "Cinnamon and Honey"

Did you know that honey is the only food on the planet that will not spoil or rot? Or so I've heard. If you put it in the 'fridge, it will crystallize, but it's still honey and still edible. I put it in my tea that way, and it works just fine. If you want to liquefy it, though, just loosen the lid and sit the honey in a container of hot water. It will "melt" and be as good as it ever was. Never boil honey or put it in a microwave. If you do, you'll kill the enzymes in the honey.

Now, if you combine wonderful Honey with wonderful Cinnamon:

Some people claim that a mixture of honey and cinnamon can cure most diseases. I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but I do know from my own experience that honey has been a very effective medicine for some of what ails me. Honey can probably be used without any side effects - but that's just a guess on my part. 

I found a list that was printed years ago in a crackpot tabloid. The Weekly World News went out of business in 2007, with very good cause - wait till you see the sorts of things they "reported." 

Its list of what honey and cinnamon could cure included arthritis, bad breath, bladder infections, cancer, cholesterol, colds, fatigue, hearing loss, heart disease, immune system, indigestion, influenza, longevity, skin infections, upset stomach, weight loss.(Forgive the poor syntax in the list. I didn't write it! Whyever would one want to cure longevity? Or one's immune system?)

Here's one of their instructions, quoted directly:
 HEART DISEASES: Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also, those who have already had an attack, if they do this process daily, they are kept miles away from the next attack.. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada, various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.

Here's another one:
ARTHRITIS: Arthritis patients may take daily, morning and night, one cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.


See why they went out of business? Don't you love the "practically 73 patients"? Does that mean 72 patients? And the "mostly all of the patients"? Does that mean mostly all of the 73  (72?) or would it mean mostly all of the 200? The world needs more editors!

Well, let me know if you try honey/cinnamon and have miraculous results.

(c) Yelloideas Photography


Still, honey and cinnamon both have a lot going for them. I wonder if the two of them together are more effective than each one alone would be - sort of like a good marriage, a respectful partnership, a clown fish and an anemone, or a well-functioning beehive. 

I figure it can't hurt - and it might help - so I'm headed to the kitchen to spread some honey and cinnamon on a slice of the homemade bread that a thoughtful neighbor gave me. Yum! It's guaranteed to cure my snack urge.

I'll eat it while I'm looking at my bright yellow hive and planning which perennials I need to plant this fall.

BeeAttitude for Day #18:
     Blessed are they who write the truth. We bees don't care, but we know that humans will respect such people.

No comments: