Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day #6 (only 594 to go)

To bee or not to bee . . . that is sort of the question.

I'm pretty sure I'm not dreadfully allergic to bee venom, but there's a niggly little question in my gut about it. What if I put all this work into setting up a hive and then find out I swell up like a pumpkin when I get stung? It really would bee (sorry) better to find out ahead of time, don't you think?

So, I'm going to find an allergist who can test me. I'll let you know how much it costs so you can add it to the list I made a few blogposts ago.

This is a short one. It's 11:11 p.m. as I write this. I've been at a reception that was great fun - harp music, poetry readings, and lots of great conversation, but now everything's cleaned up, the guests are all gone, and I'm kinda pooped. So good night. This post is scheduled to go out into the world at 12:01 a.m. That's because I can never remember if midnight is supposed to be AM or PM. Ditto with noon. Bees don't worry about stuff like that. They're sound asleep at 11:11 p.m.

No comments: