Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day #425 The Second Crop Went Bust

Here I thought I might get a second crop of potatoes. I knew they’d probably be pretty small, but I thought there just might be a possibility.



Unh-unh. The weather turned too cold for this perky little plant to make it.





Its feet were in the compost pile. All it needed to do was grow really fast.




I should have known better.






Now it looks like this.




I know I kill off lots of characters in my mysteries without blinking an eye. You’d think I could be blasé about the death of this hopeful little potato that grew in my compost pile just before winter set in.

Queen bees stop laying eggs before the weather gets too cold, and the bees that emerge from the cells at that time are more attuned to winter survival than the summertime bees are.

Too bad potatoes never learned that lesson.





BEEattitude for Day # 425:
       Blessed are those who live attuned to the seasons, for they shall have few disappointments.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.
my eBooks for Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Fran+Stewart




No comments: