Saturday, December 31, 2011

Day #445 Setting Goals


I’ve never been one for New Year’s Resolutions. When I wrote a column for the Atlanta Writer’s Club EQuill, I came up with resolutions (all related to writing, of course), but for the most part, resolutions and I just don’t get along.

Years ago I went to a therapist who ran me through an exercise in which I was to describe various subjects she suggested – a field, a stream, a valley, some mountains, a cave, and so on. Each of these, she told me afterwards, was supposed to represent some aspect of my life. When she asked me to describe the mountains, which supposedly represented the goals in my life, I couldn’t see any. I knew there were mountains there, far away, but they were covered with clouds all the way down to their base.

Doesn’t say much about me as a long-range planner, does it?

When I wrote my first book, I had no idea it would turn into a series. When I first decided to keep bees, I didn’t think much farther than a hazy (cloud-covered) notion of getting honey some day and saving the environment in the meantime. Instead, I just enjoyed the process of planning for them, of writing this blog, of installing them on my deck. I simply enjoyed the process each and every day.

For 2012, though, I’ve decided to set some goals – sort of. I’m going to go visit friends I haven’t seen in quite a while.  I’m going
Ø  to Florida to see Karen & Dan
Ø  to Lumberton to see Trish
Ø  to Vermont to see Shar & Greg
Ø  to the Raleigh area to see Annie, and a little farther down that road, to see Kathi

I’ll be busy in 2012.

If you want to visit me, be sure you call first! No telling where I’ll BEE.


BEEattitude for Day #445:
       Blessed are those who stay in touch with old flowers, for they shall find welcoming nectar at the end of their flight.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.


No comments: