Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day #438 Last Year It Snowed


In 2010 it snowed in Georgia on Christmas Day. The bees didn’t mind, I suppose, although I didn’t have my bees yet. They just hunkered down a little closer in their clusters and kept themselves warm by vibrating their unhinged flight muscles and walking slowly toward the center of the cluster and then back out again. I know they did, because that's what bees do in cold weather.

It’s a lovely system that’s kept the bees in good stead for hundreds of millions of years.

This year, they’ll probably be out looking for pollen (and not finding much). It’s supposed to be in the 60s on Christmas Day.  As I write this, it’s raining, so all I can wish is –

May your days be merry and bright,
and may all your Christmases be dry. 

Somehow that doesn’t quite ring the right way, does it? Bing Crosby would be horrified.

BEEattitude for Day #438:
       Blessed are those who sing anyway, for they shall keep themselves company.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

No comments: