Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day #114 Jars, Jars, Jars

Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself.

Shortly after I started this blog, my dear friend Susan Larson gave me a box full of decorative jars. “For your honey,” she said.

I’ve spent months saying that I might not get any honey the first season. It’s not good to take too much from the bees. They need enough of their stores to make it through the winter.

On one level, I know all that. But I think I’ve been fooling myself. What I’m really hoping is that my bees will be so delighted with their new home that they’ll gather nectar like crazy and make enough honey for an army.

I admit it. I went and ordered a whole bunch more jars from Brushy Mountain Bee Farm. Just in case the ones from Susan wouldn’t hold the entire run.

Well, they’ll always keep until next year if necessary. (But I hope they won’t have to.)

BEEattitude for Day # 114:
       Blessed are the optimists, because they’re more fun to be around than dreary old pessimists.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The new arrangement in my office. Now I can see the bird feeder better when I sit at my computer.    

No comments: