Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day #131 The Garden is Getting Ready

Remember those beet seeds I planted WAY too early almost a month ago? They’ve started to come up. Now I have to worry about the weather.


public domain photo
And the sweet peas, zinnia, portulaca, and dill my grandkids sowed in the seed-starter pots? They’re up, too, straining to overgrow the grow-light I have above them. Too early to put them outside. Running out of room in my office, where they’re perched on the top of a long filing cabinet.

Yikes! What do I do?

public domain photo
Bees are smart. They wait until the weather is exactly right. Of course, if these early plants make it, I’ll have beets and flowers and herbs ready to pick in no time at all.

I think I like the suspense! And the fact that I won't have to wonder if the dandelions will survive...

BEEattitude for Day # 131:
       Blessed are those who plant, for they shall reap the benefits.
       And blessed are those who let the weeds grow, for they shall reap benefits as well.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The full moon last night    


No comments: