Friday, February 25, 2011

Day #136 Bees Don't Have to Apologize

People who make lists and schedules are optimists, because they have the underlying belief that they’ll be able to check off each one of those items and make each one of those appointments.

That usually works around this house, except when the computer acts up. Writing used to be done with a pencil or a clickety old typewriter, and while I still do a lot of drafts longhand, ultimately the ‘puter must be warmed up.

I write each of these blog entries the day before, so I can post them just after midnight, EDT. Guess what happened last night? Penelope Puter wouldn’t cooperate. That maddening little blue circle kept twining its way around the screen, no matter what I tried to click on.

At least the power button still worked, so I finally shut the whole thing down. Of course, this morning, Penelope informed me, rather sternly, that this was all my fault, since I had not powered her off properly and she was going to have to spin her wheels for quite some time trying to make sure that my stupid actions hadn’t caused egregious errors in my documents.

Okay, so maybe she didn’t use exactly those words, but the whiney tone was definitely present. Whatever happened to the concept of an apology?

I’m terribly sorry, Miss Frannie, that my internal workings screwed up royally yesterday, causing you to miss a deadline or two. It was all my fault, and I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me. I’ll try to do a better job in the future.
            Your friend,
            Penelope Puter

Bees never have these kinds of problems.

BEEattitude for Day # 136:
       Blessed are those who apologize nicely when they err, for they shall be appreciated.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The Gwinnett Choral Guild   


2 comments:

Carole Madan - Momma Nature said...

Greetings Fran! So happy for you - knowing you are seeing your vision with bees come to fruition makes me almost cry. I salute you!

What bigger mystery can there be
but bees?

Momma Nature
Carole Madan
coming soon: mommanature.com

Fran Stewart said...

Good to hear from you, Carole. And you're right -- what bigger mystery could there BEE?

Let me know when your website is running.