Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day #123 Liquid Wax, Great Big Mess

Friday I melted beeswax that I had ordered from one of the supply companies. To minimize the danger of fire, I did it over a pan of boiling water. Once it was liquid, I poured a thin bead along the top bars to give the bees a line to follow when they’re building their comb.

Or, that was the idea. Do you know how messy it is trying to dribble hot wax in a thin line? I have no idea what the bees will make of the mess I created. I hope it doesn’t confuse them too much, or the honeycomb will end up being ohembycno.


BEEattitude for Day # 123:
       Blessed are those who try new skills, for they shall eventually succeed.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The recorded book I listened to while I struggled with the wax. It’s called Captive Queen, the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry II. I’m glad I didn’t live in the 12th century.   

All my mysteries are available as e-books now on Amazon and Smashwords.

No comments: