Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day #138 Hurry Up and Grow

Well, my Kentucky Wonder beans have not only sprouted, but they’re threatening to take over my office. The tomato plants are huge, the potatoes are growing faster than I can mound the dirt up around them, and the sweet pea vines are beginning to twine around each other. Help! Spring needs to get here faster so I can get these babies outside!

I just hope I have things blooming by the time the bees are installed (four weeks to go...). I’d hate to have to feed them too much sugar water. Maybe I should start the bees out inside my house—I have plenty of plants in here so far.

Wouldn’t the cats love having all those flying buddies?

Q: What do you do when you cross a cat with a bee?
            A:  One very cross cat

BEEattitude for Day # 138:
       Blessed are those who plant flowers, for we shall pollinate their gardens with gusto.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The customers at Cowan’s Book Nook in Blue Ridge yesterday when I was there signing my books    

1 comment:

AggiePete said...

If you cross a cat & a bee, it would be a lovely little being looking for the land of milk & honey !!!