Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day #64 I'd rather be singing . . .

Well, Monday night was a dress rehearsal for the Gwinnett Choral Guild, singing at Brenau University in Gainesville with the Gainesville Symphony Orchestra. Tonight (Tuesday) will be the performance.

I'm missing both of them. Phooey!

How do opera singers ever manage? Surely they must get an occasional cold(?)

Or maybe not.

Yes, I apologize. I'm still whining about feeling sick.

So, what is there about bees that will cheer me up?

   1. They are a sunny yellow, just like my bathroom walls. I like yellow.
   2. It's only about 14 more weeks until I get to pick up my nuc and my package of bees.
   3. Worker bees do a wag-tail dance to identify where the nectar is. I could dance around my living room just for the heck of it, and that would keep me from grumping about my sore nose.
   4. On days when I can't sing myself, I'll be able to step outside and listen to my hives!

Okay. I feel better now.

Will somebody tell my nose to keep up with me?

BEEattitude for Day #64 :
       Blessed are the singers, for they shall be filled with joy. 

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       Hot water.




1 comment:

AggiePete said...

I am so sorry you're not up & about and feeling 'frisky'. Bill, my hubby, has been taking bee pollen for ages and swears by it for what ails him. Since I've been cancer free (breast cancer) for 16 years now, he's had me taking 1/2 tsp a day. We got into a discussion last night about how it's produced (I had no idea but didn't want it to hurt the bees involved); he filled me in. It's amazing how something so small (the granules) can have such an effect. Could you perhaps post some info on that in the future ... please? Hope you're 'up on one elbow' and feeling better soon. More healing hugs comin' your way!