Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day #72 Silence

There are so many kinds of silence:

A quiet day at home
A night of despair at a hospital
Watching the eclipse in wonder
Sitting near my beloved grandchildren as they draw
Holding a dying cat
Knitting
Seeing the first crocus in late winter
Crying with a friend
Holding my breath while a deer walks by
Marveling at the 43-year-long marriage of two dear friends
(How did they do it?)
Sitting with a purring cat warming  my lap
Reading and, of course,
Writing

Each of these silences has its own quality. Some are happy; some are not. In the spring, I'll be able to add:

Listening to my bees

I'm looking forward to it.

What are your kinds of silence?

BEEattitude for Day # 72:
       Blessed are those who refrain from talking, even for a little while, for they shall eventually hear. 

What Fran is grateful for right now:
       Miss Polly, curled in my lap, and the memory of Panther, who died in my arms two years ago today.

No comments: