Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day #526 Did It Again

Well, I did it again. Got my facts wrong.
Yesterday I wrote about my friend Kathi who volunteers at Hope Reins. “She freshens the stalls,” I told you. Nope. I was wrong. After Kathi read the blogpost yesterday, she gently corrected me.
At Hope Reins, the horses are loose in the fields. They don’t live in stalls. They have shelters they can run into or out of as they wish.  They’re free to run around, free to play, free to enjoy their life. And, at the same time, they delight in being able to help the children who come there for the kind of love a horse can give. They are trained to help those children, and through the training process they frequently “train” their trainers. Train them to understand why some horses, and some people, respond with anger when they are simply hurting.
The woman who trained Speckles, a very special horse, wrote about him in remembrance of him and in appreciation for all he taught her.

And I have to take a moment to praise my friend for telling me about Hope Reins in the first place. Kathi Moon is an interfaith minister who performs the loveliest weddings you can imagine. Her website, RevKathi.com, will tell you more.
BEEattitude for Day #526:
       Blessed are those who are open to insights about bees and horses and people, for they shall be richer than they can imagine.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

1 comment:

AggiePete said...

None the less a lovely story and a wonderful person she is.