Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day #105 Gargoyle and Mistaken Identities

I finally sent in that order! Soon I’ll have a bee brush (you know about those because I’ve talked about them before in this blog) and a frame perch (so I won’t have to set frames on the ground) and an Italian hive tool (skinnier and lighter-weight than the regular ones) and a hive net (so I won’t get risk letting loose bees roam around my car when I pick them up from H&L Bee Farm). And a few other things as well.

So, I’m going to go make some lists of things I still have to do to get ready for my bees. While I’m doing that, you can check out Gigi Pandian’s blog. She’s a photographer who shares her photos of gargoyles. Like this one:

(c) Gigi Pandian

 
She explains that Le Penseur (the Thinker) is one of the most famous gargoyles in the world, but it’s not really a gargoyle. Read her blog http://www.gargoylegirl.com/  to find out why not.

This started me thinking about how many people blame bees for stinging them, when most likely it wasn’t a bee at all, but rather a wasp, hornet, or yellow-jacket. If you think Le Penseur is a gargoyle, are you more likely to think a hornet is a bee? Well, you won’t make that mistake anymore – not with Gigi and Fran around!


BEEattitude for Day # 105:
       Blessed are those who share their photographs, for they shall bring joy to others, and that joy shall be reflected back to themselves.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The birds flocked in my front yard.

No comments: