Monday, January 17, 2011

Day #97 January Building Project

I just realized it’s January.
Dumb, huh? Of course it’s January. But January in a normal (i.e. pre-bee) year was just a time to gather my momentum for the coming year.

This time, it’s Uh-oh! Only about 9 weeks left! And I was planning to build a top-bar hive to put my package of bees in.

I have some plans I bought from www.BeeLanding.com. Now, all I need is:
        lots of wood
        a bunch of wood-screws
        two hinges
        a rectangle of glass (so I can make a viewing port)
        some steel thingies to brace the angles
I’d better visit Home Depot tomorrow.

I could also use a friend with a table saw. Know where I can get one of those?


BEEattitude for Day # 97:
       Blessed are those who plan ahead, for we shall settle happily into our new home and produce great stores of honey

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       My wonderful sister who, I hope, is having a delightful birthday     

http://www.franstewart.com/

No comments: