Friday, January 14, 2011

Day #94 Bee Dreams

I've been dreaming about bees recently. Now don't go all Freudian on me. I think it's just that I'm spending so much of my free time (when I'm not writing or reading) with bees on my mind. Even when I knit, I think about bees. Or when I wash dishes, or any of the other myriad tasks that fill a day.

I'm getting ready to send in an order for beekeeping supplies. The smoker I already have (even though I can't figure out how to make it work), but I need a hive tool and a bee brush--yes that's what I said, a bee brush--so I can gently brush the bees away from any particular area where I need them gone. I'm also seriously thinking of buying some labels for the honey jars I hope to be able to fill. Two nights ago I dreamed that I gathered in my first honey harvest. By the end of the dream I was covered in sticky honey, with a faint coating of pollen and a fair amount of glue-like propolis all over my kitchen counter and the floor. To say nothing of the cat hair stuck in the lot. Yuck!

Oh dear. What will I do with the cats while I'm trying to cut off the honey comb?

Last night I dreamed a better dream of comb honey on breakfast biscuits, probably because I'd been talking with my sister about how wonderful comb honey is and how hard it is to find. There wasn't any cat hair in that dream, so maybe there's a way to deal with this. And maybe I'll figure it out.

BEEattitude for Day # 94:
       Blessed are they who take no more than they need, for we bees shall replenish their stores. 

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The honey in my tea. It's not Bees Knees Honey, but next year at this time, it WILL be! I hope. 

1 comment:

Fran Stewart said...

I'm trying a new formant for the comments. Let me know if it's easier...