Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day #89 Bread, Milk, and Toilet Paper

I've noticed in the seventeen years I've lived in Georgia, that whenever there's a snowstorm predicted, people flock en masse to grocery stores to buy three particular items. Not only do they buy it--they buy it in huge quantities.

Saturday afternoon I drove to Publix on my way home from seeing Amahl and the Night Visitor, and found the parking lot jammed. All the grocery carts were in use...ALL of them. I grabbed a basket and plowed through the hoardes to buy my four little items. I wish I'd had a camera as I walked past the empty shelves on the bread aisle, and the likewise empty shelves where there used to be toilet paper. The milk cooler looked vacant.

I don't drink cow's milk, and I already had some goat's milk on hand. I make my own bread usually, and I gave up toilet paper months ago (see blog for day #36 in November).

Nice to know I didn't have to shove anybody out of the way in the Publix aisles!


BEEattitude for Day # 89:
       Blessed are those who plan ahead, for they shall not be caught lacking. 

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       Recorded Books 

No comments: