Friday, October 7, 2011

Day #360 The Spider Again

Remember how I kept telling you I wanted to get a good picture of that spider I talked about a week or so ago? I took a good enough picture of her so you could see her relative size, but then I forgot about it. So this picture makes it look like I still have hives on my deck, even though they've been gone for almost a week.

Thank goodness I don’t have my bees here anymore to feed her enormous belly.

Of course, I hope you realize that this picture, taken from my bay window, distorts the relative sizes.

The spider's tummy is NOT the 6-inch diameter it appears to be!




The good news, though, is that while my bees were here, they must have attracted a number of wild honey bees to my yard. I went out to the mailbox Wednesday and found hoards of bees on the wild asters beside my driveway. I’ve lived in this house for seven years or so, and I’ve never seen this many bees around in the fall.

I know you can’t see them in this picture from my crummy little phone camera, but you can, I’m sure, imagine them buzzing away in complete disregard of me and my mailbox errand.


BEEattitude for Day # 360:
       Blessed are those who let the wild native plants grow, for they shall receive beauty where they least expect it..

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats):  http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=Fran+Stewart


No comments: