Monday, October 10, 2011

Day #363 Many Types of Health

Health comes in many forms.
For bees, the health of a hive can be determined by how many eggs the queen is laying, and how many of those eggs hatch successfully.
But I’d like to think that hive health is reflected in more poetical terms. When my bees were starving in early August, they weren’t singing. The hives were depressingly silent. But as soon as I’d fed them for three or four days, the buzz-quotient went WAY up. In short, they were happier, so they sang.
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being,
and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
~World Health Organization, 1948

One of the most important factors in a state of vibrant health is the ability to laugh. Petie Ogg, one of the first fans of this blog, sent me this picture of her being “clutched” by Clutch, the Houston Rockets mascot, when she participated in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Thanks for the chuckle, Pete! Great photo!
And congratulations on your good health.


 
BEEattitude for Day # 363:
       Blessed are those who laugh hard every day, for they shall enjoy the sweetness of life.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats):  http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=Fran+Stewart

 

2 comments:

AggiePete said...

Thank you so much for including me in your much loved blog! We finally got our much needed rain this week-end - more than we've had in a year according to my favorite weather guy this morning! I'm loving this wet weather!!!

Fran Stewart said...

@Pete:
It's raining here, too! I relish cloudy, rainy days. Of course, it's always easier to love them when I don't have to commute... Would hate to tackle Atlanta traffic in the rain.