Friday, October 28, 2011

Day #381 Mission Statements

I sing with the Gwinnett Choral Guild, and I’m a member of the Strategic Planning Committee. We’ve been meeting recently to flesh out our mission and vision statements.

You’d think it wouldn’t be that complicated. But what, after all, are we really about? Singing, of course. Musical excellence. Community.

How, though, do we craft those essential statements? How do we agree where we are and where we’re going?

Bees don’t have that problem.

·         Mission – honey and pollen.

·         Vision – survival of the hive.

Hmmm. I want more than food and survival. And I’m pretty sure the whole GCG will want more than that as well.

So, in this, I guess we people don’t have to emulate the bees.


BEEattitude for Day # 381:
       Blessed are those who know who and what they are, for they shall rest easy.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.
my eBooks for Kindle:  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-text&field-keywords=Fran+Stewart
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats):  http://www.smashwords.com/books/search?query=Fran+Stewart


2 comments:

AggiePete said...

Sounds like your group is very much like the fuzzies ... to sweeten (the air and room where you perform) and to work as a group to 'keep it together'! Yep, you still have the fuzzies with you in spirit!!!

Fran Stewart said...

You're right! We have two concerts coming up -- one in November, one in December. Whether or not we have the mission statement ready, we still LOVE to sing! (Just as the bees love to buzz)