Friday, February 3, 2012

Day #479 Bees and Flies and Questions


If you open the link in this post, understand that it is not for the faint of heart, particularly if you’re squeamish about maggots. 
I discovered a report on why some bees are in trouble. 
That’s not true. I didn’t discover that report. Someone (and I’m sorry to say I can’t remember who it was) sent me a link.
The story is of a scientist, Dr. John Hafermik, who got curious about seeing dozens, sometimes hundreds, of dead bees littering the sidewalk near his laboratory at San Francisco State University. Not only were there dead bees, but there were others just wandering around in circles, looking horribly dazed.
He collected one of the dead bees in a little jar, set the vial on his desk, and then forgot about it. A week later, he found the culprit(s) behind the death.
It’s when we ask “Why?” that the magic begins, the answers unroll, and we leave the world (or at least our own lives) richer, more meaningful, as a result.
What will you choose to ask about today?
BEEattitude for Day #479:
       Blessed are those who ask about us bees and then look for answers, for -- even though we won’t show it directly -- we shall be grateful.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

2 comments:

The Cat Bastet said...

I heard this on NPR. How strange! The poor bees...

Cathy AJ

Fran Stewart said...

You're right Cathy -- the bees are up against so many odds. This makes it very hard for me to find something nice to say about flies!