Friday, February 10, 2012

Day #486 Volunteers


Sometimes I think this country runs on volunteers. Yesterday evening I sat through a meeting of the Gwinnett Choral Guild Board of Directors, and I was struck with the level of dedication of those people. All of us believe in the work of the Choral Guild. We come together to sing for the sheer joy of it, and we all love the way our director gives us challenging music to sing.
But, a lot of people in that room last night have been on the Board, in various positions, for years and years. I’m one of them. I happen to believe that I have a responsibility to put in some effort for the groups I want to see succeed. 
There are quite a few members of the Guild, though, who see the Guild running quite well day to day, week to week, and probably think that their input isn’t necessary.  But volunteering is like voting. If you don’t do it, you don’t have the right to complain!
Well, maybe we’ll get them this go-round. It’s that time of year when the nominating committee gears up to select a slate of officers for next year. 
How about you? Have you looked for ways to volunteer? I’m not talking about running yourself ragged trying to be on every committee ever invented. No. Choose what’s important to you -- and then why don’t you do something to help? Believe me, you’ll be appreciated! 
BEEattitude for Day #486:
       Blessed are those who nurture the baby bees, for they shall ensure the continuous of the hive.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

No comments: