Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day #179 Rats!

Friday morning I called H & L Bee Farm to be sure I could pick up my bees next week, and they said that half their shop had been destroyed by a tornado. Fortunately, nobody was hurt and only a few hives were blown over, but they’re still in a tizzy trying to get organized to put the packages of bees together,
GROAN
it may be another couple of weeks before I can pick up my girls.
ANOTHER GROAN

Still, let’s look on the bright side.
Ø  This way my bees will be avoiding all the heavy winds and thunderstorms that have beset Gwinnett County over the last week and look to be continuing for another few days at least.
Ø  My garden plants will be that much taller and that much closer to needing pollination.
Ø  The Mack truck that would have run me down if I’d driven to Ocilla this week will be somewhere else altogether when I drive down there later this month—see, the tornado at H&L saved my life!
Ø  I’ll have the time to watch that Installing Your Package of Bees DVD a couple more times, so I’ll be that much more ready.

Okay, now I feel better.

BEEattitude for Day # 179:
       Blessed are those who see the bright-side, for they shall avoid discouragement. If we bees got discouraged, nothing would ever be sweet!

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       Fudge made with honey. Yum!   




No comments: