Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day #180 Bee Forecasting


I visited someone (who prefers to remain anonymous) a while back, and when we walked up near her beehives, she said, “The girls are pretty happy today.”


How could she tell, I asked, as skeptical as this cow.


“Well, they just sound happy, don’t you think?”


It reminded me of my brother-in-law, a retired wheat farmer. Ask him what the weather will be like for the next few days, and instead of looking at the newspaper or the TV, he’ll wander outside, look up, take a sniff or two, and deliver his prediction, which most times turns out to be exactly right.

Someday I hope I know my bees as well as Marvin knows the breeze.

BEEattitude for Day # 180:
       Blessed are the weather forecasters, for they shall provide endless entertainment.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       My umbrella   

No comments: