Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day #198 Probably a False Alarm

I’m writing this on Wednesday afternoon, hoping to get it scheduled before the storms hit and (possibly) the power goes out. Tornados are predicted, although there have been so many false alarms lately it’s hard to take the prediction seriously.

All morning long the weather was relatively clear, and the bees acted the way they usually do. But at 4:00 the sky clouded over ominously and the wind picked up. I noticed swirling masses of bees around the entrances to both hives. It looked like every forager bee had decided to come home and get inside–all of them at the same time. Sort of like rush hour in Atlanta, with seven lanes of interstate packed solid.

I’m going to post this really fast so I can unplug everything and wait out the storm.

All will be well, I’m sure. I just hope the bees aren’t in too much of a tizzy. But it does look like they know something I don’t.

BEEattitude for Day # 198:
       Blessed are those who pay attention to the world around them, for they shall be prepared.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The teeny, teeny blueberries on the bushes I planted last month.   

No comments: