Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day #182 Oh Dear! Too Many Flower Choices?

I just read that honeybees have a tendency to focus on one particular type of flower at a time, which is why it’s possible to have clover honey/ macadamia nut honey / sourgum honey / tupelo honey and such like. And here I am planting all sorts of different flowers and veggies in my yard so my bees will have lots of choices.

It seems like every time I read something lately, it makes hash of what I read last week or last month. Isn’t it great to know there are so many people experimenting with different ways of keeping the bees happy?

So, I’m going to keep on planting the flowers and shrubs that I love, and the bees will figure out how to deal with it.


BEEattitude for Day # 182:
       Blessed are those who love us enough to plant delicious flowers for us, for we shall enjoy whatever they plant and shall pollinate it well.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The Gwinnett Choral Guild. I love singing with them.

No comments: