Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day #541 Day to Remember

Do you ever have those days when all you seem to do is spin your wheels?
I doubt that ever happens to bees, unless they’re trapped inside the hive because of day after day of rainy weather.
That’s what Wednesday has been like for me (as I write this sometime after 11 pm on the 4th). I probably should have packed the car for my book-signing at The Principal’s Palette, a gift store in Winder GA. That will be Thursday evening from 4:30 to 7:00. Instead I’ve left it off until the last minute. Phooey.
I did get some writing done, but then I re-read it and decided about half of it was absolute blather. Thank goodness for the delete key.
Then, about 10 p.m. I took out the CD I’d picked up from Wolf Camera. I’ve had 200 and some-odd slides in a metal box stuffed in the back of a closet for years. Last week I took them to Wolf and said, “Can you put these on a CD for me?”
“Yes ma’am,” they said. “That’ll be $165 please.”
Ah well, it was bits and pieces of my childhood on film after all, so I paid them, and picked up the final product on my way to the Silver Sneakers class Wednesday.
I just spent about an hour looking at them. Was my mother ever that young? Was my father ever that virile-looking? Were my sister and I ever so silly together? Well, I can believe that last one, since we still are!
Instead of thinking of all this as just spinning my wheels, I’m going to call it a day to remember.
BEEattitude for Day #541:
       Blessed are those who can recall their past with joy, for they shall have smiles in abundance.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

2 comments:

AggiePete said...

You definitely were a busy little bee yesterday! But I'll bet the photos were fantastic. I love to look at 'days gone by' and can practically remember exactly what we were saying, doing, etc. Well, today (after 5 PM) is the beginning of my 4-day week-end for Easter. My dear, I couldn't be happier! I've got plans to clean house, rearrange furniture etc and will definitely end it all 'nesting' on the sofa with my sweet iced tea, Kindle, books on the coffee table & a 'kitteh' on either side of me. Ah, heaven on earth!

Fran Stewart said...

Sounds wonderful! Enjoy the whole L O N G weekend!

I'll be attending a Passover Seder at my friend Geri Taran's house. She's invited a whole crowd of folks.