Saturday, April 21, 2012

Day #557 Bees Are Taxed Fairly

If you work for the IRS, I’d like to see you out that job and into something that is less bureaucratic and more productive.
I went online some time ago to find a downloadable 1099 form -- and this is a small part of what I was faced with:
Available Products
In addition to these general instructions, which contain general information concerning Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, 5498, and W-2G, we provide specific form instructions as separate products. Get the instructions you need for completing a specific form from the following list of separate instructions.
Instructions for Forms W-2G and 5754
Instructions for Form 1097-BTC
Instructions for Form 1098
Instructions for Form 1098-C
Instructions for Forms 1098-E and 1098-T
Instructions for Forms 1099-A and 1099-C
Instructions for Form 1099-B
Instructions for Form 1099-CAP
Instructions for Form 1099-DIV
Instructions for Form 1099-G
Instructions for Form 1099-H
Instructions for Forms 1099-INT and 1099-OID
Instructions for Form 1099-K
Instructions for Form 1099-LTC
Instructions for Form 1099-MISC
Instructions for Form 1099-PATR
Instructions for Form 1099-Q
Instructions for Forms 1099-R and 5498
Instructions for Form 1099-S
Instructions for Forms 1099-SA and 5498-SA
Instructions for Forms 3921 and 3922
Instructions for Form 5498-ESA
See How To Get Forms, Publications, and Other Assistance on page 14.
The explanations for each of those types of forms filled dozens of pages. Does it seem to you that this is just a wee bit complicated? Unnecessarily complicated?

We could learn something from the bees. They all work, they all produce something of value to the community, and they are “taxed” for their consumption (the honey and pollen they consume).
I kept seeing www.fairtax.org/ in the e-signature of a friend of mine and began to wonder what it was all about. So I went to the website, clicked on How Fair Tax Works, and listened to the video presentation. Next I clicked on FAQs and saw that there were all sorts of questions I could click on to see the answers. It took me a minute or two to figure out how the video works, but I found little white tabs on each side of the video box. When I clicked on them, I could move backward or forward through different topics, which seemed to correspond with the questions listed on the left, although the speaker’s answers added to the written answers. I listened to a LOT of them, and liked what I heard (and read).
Seemed to me that the folks who put this idea together have taken a lesson or two from the bees.
BEEattitude for Day #557:
       Blessed are those who pay attention to us bees, for they shall gain insights they might have missed otherwise.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

No comments: