Saturday, April 14, 2012

Day #550 Much Ado About Nothing

Friday night I took one of my grandsons, the 12-year-old, to the New American Shakespeare Tavern to see Much Ado About Nothing, which just happens to be my very favorite Shakespearean comedy.
The Shakespeare Tavern is in the process of producing every single one of Shakespeare’s comedies in the order in which they were written. Much Ado was the 7th of Willie’s 12 comedies.
Seeing the familiar scenes and hearing the familiar words had an extra bit of magic as I saw Ethan absorb the wonder of it all.
If you don’t live in the Atlanta area, and if you don’t plan to visit in the next few weeks, there’s a very good Kenneth Branagh / Emma Thompson movie of the play -- but, all in all, I like the Tavern version better.
So much so, that I plan to see it again.

BEEattitude for Day #550:
       Blessed are those who give their best effort every time they fly, for they shall bring forth the best nectar.
_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my books:  http://www.franstewart.com Please buy them from an independent bookstore or directly from my website.

No comments: