Friday, May 6, 2011

Day #206 Come on Over

This afternoon, I'll be adding a second story to my yellow hive. They’ve done so well in only two and a half weeks, that they’ve almost filled the first hive body.

I’ll also be moving the bees that are in the white hive into a new box, one that I put together myself and stained brown to match the deck. So from now on the white hive will be known as “the brown hive.” Clear as mud?

If you want to come by and watch the process, give me a call. I have an extra veil I can lend you. You might even catch the bee-fascination bug, and want your own hives!

BEEattitude for Day # 206:
       Blessed are those who discover new talents, for they shall thrive.

One thing Fran is grateful for right now:
       The HUGE potato plants growing in a garbage can on my deck, thanks to an article in Mother Earth News

No comments: