Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hot Chocolate Taste Test

I seem to be in a taste-testing mood. A few days ago, it was pollen. Today it’s hot chocolate.

Last week I was at the Gwinnett County Public Library’s “Book Bistro” as a visiting author. The library had arranged to have Andre and Latoya Bentley there to serve generous samples of their Organo Gold iced latté. I’m not usually a coffee drinker, but I do admit to guzzling more than my fair share. The day was hot, after all. The coffee is infused with something wonderful called “Ganoderma” that helps strengthen immunity. I’ll take all the help I can get.

I brought home a couple of sample packages of their hot chocolate. This is not just any hot chocolate. It has the Ganoderma in it, too. But I wasn’t willing just to say “must be good.” I did a taste test.

I have two mugs that, other than the color, are pretty much the same. Same weight, same shape. I took the generic hot chocolate mix I keep on hand for my grandchildren and dumped it in the green mug. The Ganoderma hot chocolate mix went into the brown mug. I poured an equal amount of hot water into each and stirred them both.

Then I closed me eyes, sang three of the songs I’ve memorized for our Gwinnett Choral Guild concerts – “Ashokan Farewell,” “Homeward Bound,” and the hauntingly beautiful “Prayer of the Children.” While I was singing, I moved the cups around. After the first 10 or 15 bars of music, I’d truly forgotten which mug was which.

Keeping my eyes closed, I tasted. Not even close! The Ganoderma chocolate was truly delicious – even more so when compared to that other stuff. It was rich and mellow; no yucky aftertaste, either.

I’ll be reporting on a honey taste test once my bees let me rob their hives. I’m no Julia Child, but I do know what tastes good. You can look this up at http://www.happybcoffee.com/. Tell ‘em the bees sent you!


BEEattitude for Day # 217:
       Blessed are those who share good news, for good shall bounce right back to them.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my ebooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)

No comments: