Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day #226 Food Source / Weed Source

(c) 2011 Thistle #1 - Fran Stewart
There are some folk who would complain if a thistle appeared in their yards.

Not this daughter of Scotland!

I was pleased as could be when this beauty peeked out of (I must admit) a rather scroungy section of my front yard, right next to driveway. I think  it dresses up the area. After all, it's the symbol of my rather prickly ancestors -- and their sometimes prickly descendants.  

And sometimes not so prickly. Years ago I had a lovely discussion with a Scottish gardener on a hillside in the highlands as we stood beside a perfectly ornamental-looking specimen quite like this beauty.
 
(c) 2011 Thistle #2 - Fran Stewart
I have no idea whether or not the bees will see this tall garden addition as a source of nectar or simply food for thought as they fly over it to find something better to eat.

I think it’s beautiful.

I do plan, however, on cutting it down before it disperses seed! My neighbors put up with an awful lot from me, but there are limits to what I can ask of them.

BEEattitude for Day # 226:
       Blessed are those with patience and compassion, who live and let live, for they shall be abundantly entertained by the shenanigans of their neighbors.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my ebooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)

No comments: