Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day #210 High-Rise Apartments for Apis Mellifera

Yippee! My yellow hive now is two stories tall.

Late Monday morning I started the smoker, opened the hive, and saw the most beautiful array of brown-capped brood and white-capped honey. The frames were full enough that I could move the center one up into a second hive body.

I took the time to check each of the frames, and they were all simply beautiful. I didn't spot the queen, but there were loads of eggs and baby bee larvae.

Life doesn’t get much better than this. I hope you’re cheering along with me.

FRANattitude for Day # 210:
       Blessed are all the library staff members who treated us Georgia authors like royalty last weekend as we talked with library patrons at the “Barefoot in the Park” Art Festival.

my eBooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)

2 comments:

The Cat Bastet said...

Yay for the happy bees!w

Fran Stewart said...

They surely SOUND happy!