Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day #224 Google Alerts and Online Obituaries

I signed up some time ago for Google Alerts, so I’d be notified whenever my name crops up online.  It’s kind of fun, although I must admit I was shocked the first time a Fran Stewart obituary showed up in my inbox.

Another one cropped up yesterday.  I take a look at each one of them, just to be sure I haven’t been “twained,” a word I just invented to refer to Samuel Clemmons’ remark about his reported death having been grossly exaggerated. So far, all the dead Frans have been somebody else.

The point of all this is that, glancing through those obits, I’ve noticed something:
Not one of them was a beekeeper.

Boo!

I’ve read that backyard beekeepers as a whole tend to live longer than many other groups of people.
o   Maybe that’s because beekeepers have to learn to live in tune with nature.
o   Maybe it’s because people who keep bees are more likely to eat healthily (honey rather than sugar, anyone?)
o   Maybe it’s because such beekeepers have the music of the hives with them.

Maybe if all these Frans had kept bees, their obits wouldn’t have shown up quite so soon.


BEEattitude for Day # 224:
       Blessed are those who live in tune with nature, for they shall live longer and enjoy life more.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my eBooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)




No comments: