Monday, May 23, 2011

Day #223 Over the River

Yesterday my friend Millie and I went to see Over the River at the Aurora Theater in Lawrenceville. The play concerns a young man who’s lived all his life in Hoboken, eating every Sunday dinner with both sets of grandparents. When he decides to accept a promotion, which would require a move to Seattle, they try to set him up with a nice girl so he’ll get married and stay in Hoboken. The play kept me laughing; even the poignant parts were funny.

As I think about it, though, I’m remembering more poignancy than humor. The play brought up a lot of the reasons why I left home umpty years ago.

Bees don’t worry about stuff like that. The only time they “leave home” is when they swarm, and they take grandma (in this case, the mama queen bee) with them. They do it for the health of the hive, not for an impersonal employer. When the hive is too crowded, half of them leave, first making sure that the remaining bees have a couple of queens-in-the-making.

There's no hand-wringing where bees are concerned. Of course, bees don't have hands...

BEEattitude for Day # 2:
       Blessed are those who know why they do what they do, for they shall have less heartache.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my eBooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)

No comments: