Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day #207 Wish I Knew More

Well, I think I may have another problem, and I’m not sure what to do about it.

It turns out the brown box isn’t as deep as the white box or the yellow box. I don’t know what happened, because I ordered a “deep hive body,” and I guess I assumed it would match the size of the others. I think what I got was a “medium.” That’s what comes of not knowing enough about what I’d ordered to check it when I picked it up. All those words – deep, medium, and super – were just that. Words. Without the experience of working with the various sized hive units, I simply didn’t know what I was doing.

I have a feeling I’ve squashed the bottom part of the frames against the screened bottom that I spent a lot of time attaching to the bottom of the brown box. I sent off an email to the folks I bought it from, asking them what was up and if there would be a problem for the bees.

Hope I hear back soon . . .

Meanwhile, if this is the worst thing I have to worry about, I’m in pretty good shape. My friend Dauna Coulter, a writer for Science News @NASA lives in Huntsville, Alabama, and went through all that recent hurricane damage. Here’s her story about it if you’re interested:
http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/06may_tornado/ 

BEEattitude for Day # 207:
       Blessed are those who write about their experiences, for they shall pass on an enduring legacy of memories.

No comments: