Friday, June 3, 2011

Day #234 A Dismal Hive Inspection on the Hottest Day

Yesterday’s happy story of the yellow hive turned a bit sour when I opened the white hive (white on the bottom layer and brown on the top, that is).

There was practically no comb whatsoever on the second floor. I don’t know what’s wrong with the girls in that hive. The bottom layer had capped brood and a fair number of larvae, but nobody seemed to be building any comb upstairs. Bees were walking all over the top frames, but no wax to speak of.

 I didn’t see a queen, but then again, I’m not very good yet at spotting them. There were plenty of worker bees, and nobody had built any queen cells, so I’m hoping all will be well.

I’m pretty sure I won’t get any honey at all from that hive this year. I just hope they make enough for them to survive the rest of the year.

And I wish I could speak BEEnglish.


BEEattitude for Day # 234:
       Blessed are those who choose alternative energy sources, for they shall help to save our Mother.


_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my eBooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)

No comments: