Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day #239 Fun With a Hammer

I spent a fair amount of time yesterday wielding a hammer so that I could from this:


 to this.

I ordered these unassembled honey frames from Mann Lake Ltd., along with skinny nails that were just the right size so I wouldn't split the wood. I have to admit to being somewhat nervous as I tackled the first one, but after that, it was, quite simply, fun

Now, whenever the bees are ready, I’ll be able to put the honey supers (the shallow boxes where they store excess honey) on top of the hives. These frames I built will give them a blueprint for where to draw the comb.

Yum, yum!
BEEattitude for Day # 239:
       Blessed are the package deliverers, for they shall spread joy, and it will rebound to them as well.

_______________________________ 
The teeny details:
my eBooks on Amazon for Kindle
my eBooks on Smashwords (for all other formats)




No comments: