Thursday, September 8, 2011

Day #331 The Termites vs. the Bees

Termites and Beesthose sound like opposing football teams, don’t they?

All along, since I decided eleven months ago to get a couple of bee hives, I’ve thought those queen bees were pretty productive--they can lay up to 2,500 eggs per day for weeks or even months at a time.

I’m afraid the termite team is going to win this particular game, though. The other evening I watched a documentary I’d found on Netflix that said a termite queen can lay up to 30,000 eggs per day. You read it right – thirty thousand. That leaves my queen bee looking like a slacker.

On the other hand, if a queen bee could lay that many eggs in a day, the hives would have to be ten times bigger than they are. My whole deck would be one enormous hive.

I’ll stay with the slow team, thank you.



BEEattitude for Day # 331:
       Blessed are those who take life at a (comparatively) leisurely pace, for they still get much accomplished and shall be happier as they do it.



__________________________
Green as a Garden Hose, the 3rd Biscuit McKee Mystery,
is now available in mass market paperback
from World Wide Mystery, a division of Harlequin.
(Go to www.eHarlequin.com and search for Fran Stewart)



_______________________________
Get Your Dog in My Next Book!
From now through the end of September, anyone who donates $10 to WAG, also known as the Walton Animal Guild, will be automatically entered in a drawing.
If you win, your dog will be in my next Biscuit McKee mystery!
The donate button is right on their home page
Every $10 donation is automatically entered in the drawing
See Blog #324 for the details.







No comments: