Friday, September 23, 2011

Day #346 Bees Don't Like Rain

Bee don’t like rain, but I sure do.

I have a condition called vitiligo, which simply means that I don’t have a lot of melanin in my skin. Melanin is the stuff that darkens the skin and protects the body from ultraviolet rays.

It started when I was pregnant with my 1st child – more than three decades ago. A little white patch appeared over my left eye. Over the following months, the patches spread. At one point my arm looked “like a map of the Alaskan archipelago” – that’s what my highly-artistic sister said.

Now, all these years later, I simply look extra-pale. If you check out the official photographs of the Gwinnett Choral Guild on their website, I’m the one who looks like a ghost.

I don’t mind it. But boy do I enjoy rainy days! There is something so relaxing about clouds, lots of clouds. No need to worry about sunburn. It’s wonderful!

Now that I have bees, though, I worry about my bees getting wet. What is it about people that we always seem to need to find something to worry about?



BEEattitude for Day # 346:
       Blessed are those who accept life’s ups and downs, for they shall enjoy the rollercoaster.



p.s. please forward this blog link to:
your friends who have dogs
your friends who read
your friends who’d like to learn about bees!

_______________________________
Get Your Dog in My Next Book!
From now through the end of September, anyone who donates $10 to WAG, also known as the Walton Animal Guild, will be automatically entered in a drawing.
If you win, your dog will be in my next Biscuit McKee mystery!
The donate button is right on their home page
Every $10 donation is automatically entered in the drawing
See Blog #324 for the details.





No comments: